Perhaps even a flatworm can learn to turn left in T-maze when he's hit with an electric shock, but every time I install new Fedora, I try to leave SElinux enabled. In Fedora 15 it lasted for almost a week. This time, things went sour in 10 minutes.
Thought 1: The troubleshooter is quite nice, they really are getting civilized these days. Poor Polkit is doing isatty(), let's see if we can help.
Thought 2: Well, this is a bit ugly, but hey, it's copy-pasteable! Hurray for supporting common UNIX tools...
Thought 3: I am dumber than a flatworm. How could I believe that this time they get it right.
Actually, I lied. I disabled the sorry thing the moment I saw this:
The reason I continue to suffer through this excercise twice a year is that the security issue is important, and the shifing focus of attacks at non-daemon, non-system applications (read: browsers) is a matter of great concern for me. Every time Dan Walsh posts something nice to his LJ it looks like progress is being made, but then I install new Fedora and feel despair. It is as if some fundamental architecture is broken or something.